Paving & Limited Driveway Access on Tuesday, 10/17/23: The contractor for the Neal Avenue Paving Improvements project, Knife River, has completed the first pavement surface. We are now ready to begin paving the final layer of the street. Knife River is scheduled to begin paving at 7:00am on Tuesday, October 17th and continue through the afternoon.
All vehicles must be removed from Neal Avenue by 6:00am on Tuesday, October 17th so the contractor is able to conduct paving operations. After the street is paved, the contractor will compact the new pavement surface so everyone should be able to park in their own driveway by the end of the day (approximately 5:00pm).
Extra caution is advised for driving on new pavement since this will be the final pavement operation.
- Limit trips through the construction zone as much as possible during paving operations and do not drive on newly placed pavement for at least 1-2 hours after the pavement is rolled to allow the surface to cool.
- Avoid making sharp turns or turning tires when your vehicle is not moving. These activities make damage newly placed pavement.
- Be alert to large construction equipment operating in the area. Many of these vehicles will be backing up and will have difficulty seeing pedestrians.
- Be sure to pay close attention to children and pets during construction as the surface temperature of the newly placed pavement is very hot and can cause injuries if touched.
- Turn off your irrigation system to avoid spraying water on to the new pavement.
We understand the inconveniences this construction project may have on adjacent residents and we appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our On-Site Construction Representative, Triston Schmalzbauer at (651) 238-7580. Thank you for your continued cooperation while we complete this important project.